zRVRS' Staff Application

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by zRVRS, Aug 30, 2017.

1. zRVRS

zRVRS
    Expand Collapse

Will

Username:

zRVRS

Past Usernames:

MilburnCrafter,
    ReversePlaysMC

Timezone/Country:
    United Kingdom/British GMT

What rank are you currently on this Skyblock?
    User

How long have you played on SkyMite?
    Around 2 Months

Discord Username:
    Standzor Rvrs#4023

Which server are you applying for?
    Unity

Part 2 (Please take your time with this, use a lot of detail)

Have you been Staff on SkyMite before? If so; when, for how long, what position, and why did you leave the team?
    I have never been a part of the staff team on Skymite before, no.

What is your availability for being on the server?

I am always available to be on the server from around 11am -9/10pm

Why are you (re)applying to become a staff member?

I am applying to be a staff member on Skymite because from the time i have been on the server i haven't seen many staff members which means that people don't have a chance to ask a question or to find out more information about the server. Also from what i have seen and heard there is a lack of staff members of which are from the UK so there are no night time (in the US) moderators to monitor the chat. Also i like to help out other people whether its giving tips or even helping them in different situations. i like to keep a clean chat as well. Also I like to make sure everything is running smoothly so that people can get the best experience that they can. If people ask me questions about the server I like to give them a good response and make newer players feel welcome to the Skymite server. Also I feel like I am mature enough to make decisions on hat is best for the server and not take advantage of my powers as a staff member.

Explain what being a Moderator means to you (That is, what is the job description?)

A moderator in my opinion is someone who takes no sides in arguments and to make sure all players are getting the same chance as one another as well as having a good time on the server and to make new and old players feel welcome and concern-free. A moderator is not only to ban people for being disrespectful but it is to help the server move forward and higher its reputation.

What makes you qualified for a position as Moderator?

The things that make me a qualified and to be in a position to be a moderator is that i have no hatred to any other players and in know the difference between right and wrong within lots of situations, i have played on multiple servers for years and have always seen servers struggle and iv'e never had a say even know i may be right. I can actually help a server rather than being a staff member just for the tag. I've been on Skymite on numerous occasions where i have seen people asking questions and getting no responses and they have to resort in asking each other as players themselves. The rules on the server are there for a reason and i know for a fact that i will be able to follow them to help others get the best experience as possible. Again, I have nothing against any other players which helps when choosing who's in the right and who's in the wrong. As a player right now in the Skymite server I have learnt lots of information which I will be able to share with players who have little experience in the game.

Two players start arguing, and the situation is escalating. How do you handle it?

When it comes to two players arguing back and forth as a staff member you cannot take sides before hearing the whole story. so what i would do is take each players perspective. if they had discord i would tell them to report any screenshots or evidence over the other player and decide who is right and who is wrong. if mutes or bans are needed i would ask a higher up member of staff and deal with it from there. People are entitled to their own opinion but if they decide to use it against another player with hatred I would make sure that it is respectful enough to be allowed in chat. If not they shall get a warning. If the warning is ignored by a player then I would make sure they get timed out for hatred and rude messages against another player.

Your friend was being disrespectful to another player after losing a fight in PvP. What do you do?

If both players have a mutual agreement on the fight it is their job to sort out their situation unless there is a scam involved. in the rules in game scamming is allowed so they could keep each other gear but if it got into an argument i would get them to /msg each other or take in into discord to calm it down. If a player enters the PvP zone it is their decision and they are risking all of their items. If they began fighting over an over it would be ending up in a temporary mute until they have calmed down. At the end of the day both players need to know that their in game actions cannot cause an arguement as their decisions are up to them. Any personal instults will be shared with a staff team until a final decision is made to mute them or not.

A player you really don't get along with says, "You're dumb!" after you kick him. How do you react?

As a staff member if you argue back to a player then the reputation gets lowered as people will spread the word of the staff members not caring. I wouldn't react but what i will do is not take anything to offence and warn them. Depending on what they say and how immature or offensive it is i would take a mute into consideration. I will not be arguing back because that will just make me and the other staff members look bad to the other players which makes them lose respect for what we do.

Anything else you believe is relevant to include?

#1 zRVRS, Aug 30, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2017
  2. TK_TimeKeeper

TK_TimeKeeper
    Expand Collapse
    Manager
    Manager

We aren't looking for unity staff right now but we will take this application into consideration.

3. zRVRS

zRVRS
    Expand Collapse

Okay thanks anyways. Let me know if you are ever in need :)

MrKingBling likes this.