YouTuber Application - Didn't know where to post it...

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by TechniGaming, Aug 23, 2017.

1. TechniGaming

TechniGaming
    Expand Collapse

I am sorry if this is posted in the incorrect place, I couldn't find a suitable place to post this.​

Declan

In Game Name:
    TechniGaming

Past Username(s): DecTheMcPro, which was when I first got Minecraft.

Timezone/Country: GMT/BST, I am from England

What rank are you currently on this skyblock? I am currently Member

How long have you played on SkyMite? Several hours however I aim to increase my playtime ALOT.

Discord Username: ItsGoDzMLG#2311

Which server are you applying for?: Unity

Have you been staff on SkyMite before?: No, I haven't.

I didn't know whether to do the next questions as I am not applying to become a staff member however I have still answered them and added some more extra ones, which I believe would be suitable for a YouTuber application.​

What is your availability for being on the server?: I am currently going into Year 11 when I go back to school, which is considered one of the most important years there which may decrease my downtime during school time however I would aim to be on the server from 4pm to roughly 11pm GMT. This would be considerably different if it is a weekend as I could come on as early as 9am.

Why are you (re)applying to become a staff member?: Although I am not directly answering the question, because it isn't a staff rank that I am looking to get but a YouTuber rank, I am applying because I believe I can populate the server a little, admittedly I wouldn't be able to get 50 people for example (however I am not ruling this out as impossible) I could bring a small community to the server and grow my channel on the server. I could also bring a small discord community consisting of about 15 people to the server as all of us are looking for a server to play on. I believe that this is a brilliant server for me to do as I wanted (grow my channel as well as a community). I do have staff experience due to owning previous servers although I have never owned a skyblock server, just a small factions server averaging 40 people daily so I believe I could be of some use if you are in need of some staff members.

Explain what being a Moderator means to you (That is, what is the job description?): A moderator to me is someone who can handle a situation appropriately, this includes arguments, debates and hackusations. They should listen to players, not abuse their power and disrespect the community. If targeted by a player in a toxic way I would expect a moderator to 'take this under the chin' because essentially they are a players role model, if a moderator is seen being toxic then the community will believe that is a respectable way to act. The moderator should be able to make the server more enjoyable, help new players out by coming to their aid upon them asking.

What makes you qualified for a position as Moderator?: Well, as previous stated I have owned a few servers / networks. Most have been semi-successful by averaging 40 players daily. I haven't staffed on to many servers that aren't my own but I have had a few previous roles including Developer and Admin. I have plenty of qualities that benefit a community. I am easy to talk to, can have a laugh with players but am also very serious when this is needed (such as in heated arguments between players or threats etc...) I have plenty of knowledge in terms of plugins, and a rough idea on most skyblock related plugin commands meaning I should be able to easily help new players. I am friendly and helpful in my own opinion as well. Although I do not want to become a staff member, instead a YouTuber, I believe it is important that I list everything I have previously done. I would still try my best to do all of the things listed above because really, a player should be doing all of the above anyway to help other players enjoy their experience as much as themselves.

Two players start arguing, and the situation is escalating. How do you handle it?: I have two situations, firstly if I was moderator. Players are more likely to listen to a Moderator than a YouTuber so I feel it is necessary to include both of these. So if 2 people were arguing and I was there to witness it, I would firstly state that they are in a situation in which actions will possibly be taken place in the hopes this would calm the situation if not I would ask them again to talk over PM, the reason for this is because there is no need to announce it globally as it would not only drag other players in but it could encourage other arguments. I would monitor what is being said to double check no rules are being broken, I would also contact a higher ranking staff member because I don't know how much power I have in terms of muting users ETC.. If I was a YouTuber and this was the situation I would try my hardest to calm the situation, to start with I would tell them that the argument isn't worth the punishment. If that doesn't calm the situation then I would then ask them not to disrupt the community and to continue arguing over private messages as there is no need to bring the whole community into the debate.

Your friend was being disrespectful to another player after losing a fight in PvP. What do you do?: Firstly I would message my friend telling them to chill, and that it isn't worth it. I would then ask for them to apologise to whoever they started being disrespectful to because if they do not they will be punished and I am not in control of their punishment. Rules apply to everyone.

A player you really don't get along with says, "You're dumb!" after you kick him. How do you react?: Well, you 'take it under the chin'. Ask them not to be disrespectful towards players or staff and that it could result in them being punished. If they continue to disrespect players or staff members I will then warn them as it is against the rules.

Anything else you believe is relevant to include?: Yes...
    YouTube Information
    Channel Name: TechniGaming
    Channel Link: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPMpF7-HPgMd5xgg0PeYfYw
    Current Subscribers: 72
    Views Per Video (AVG): 74.2
    I aim to record 3 times a week on the server, the reason for this is because I want it to help grow my channel. I also need something to regularly upload and SkyMite would be a great server to record on!

I hope you are looking for a YouTuber, but Yes. Thanks for Reading!

- Dec/TechniGaming.

#1 TechniGaming, Aug 23, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2017
  2. TechniGaming

TechniGaming
    Expand Collapse

Edited: Changed Server to Unity.

3. TK_TimeKeeper

TK_TimeKeeper
    Expand Collapse
    Manager
    Manager

Okay so this forum is for Staff applications only next time post it in the Off-Topic Forum, but to answer your question once you receive 100 Subs pm me on MineCraft or on discord (TK_TimeKeeper aka KingOfTheNorth) we will give you the YouTuber Rank :D

4. TechniGaming

TechniGaming
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for the reply! I will start grinding out the videos to gain those extra subs :)

5. TheMilks

TheMilks
    Expand Collapse

When I first viewed this I nutted

6. HugoYip

HugoYip
    Expand Collapse
    JR Moderator
    JR Moderator

You will get a YT rank now? You already 100+ subs

7. TechniGaming

TechniGaming