Accepted Thern's Staff Application

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by Thern, Aug 25, 2017.

1. Thern

Thern
    Expand Collapse

Kimberly

Username:
    Thern

Past Username(s):
    ThornHeart01

Timezone/Country:
    Central Time Zone

What rank are you currently on this Skyblock?
    User

How long have you played on SkyMite?
    About a month and a half

Discord Username:
    Thern #4983

Which server are you applying for?
    Unity

Part 2 (Please take your time with this, use a lot of detail)
    Have you been Staff on SkyMite before? If so; when, for how long, what position, and why did you leave the team?

No I have never been staff on skymite before.

What is your availability for being on the server?
    My availability is from 3 pm to 5 am

Why are you (re)applying to become a staff member?
    I am applying due to the lack of staff on at night though the school year has started people do still get online. Since i'm on pretty late at, when staff usually goes to bed I typically see fights and spamming msgs, I want to help out by solving this problem for starters and making sure that the server isn't toxic at any-point, whether it be during the day or late at night.

Explain what being a Moderator means to you (That is, what is the job description?)
    Being a Moderator for me means sort of like a mediator between players and staff, while also making sure that the players of the server are having a good time and not wanting to quit over small issues that could be resolved with a lil discipline

What makes you qualified for a position as Moderator?
    What makes me qualified for the moderator position is my understanding of other players behavior and how to deal with it accordingly, I was once a head admin of a server and then got promoted to co-owner, with my position I got to learn the behaviors of players and how to properly address them without adding further conflict. This allowed me to solve players problems without having it escalate into a bigger thing then it needed to be. When things would escalate I would address them and be forced to take action. Me Being a Moderator on the server would allow me to handle problems that are typically left unnoticed or ignored, lately I see conflict happening and either moderators are afk or just unaware of the situation, I would like to be able to resolve those issues and help other players.

Two players start arguing, and the situation is escalating. How do you handle it?
    I would first talk to them about what is going on and get both sides of the story in order to properly get a grasp of the situation. Then i would ask them to not bring the fight into public chat and instead pm me, if they refuse i would warn them about their actions and if the arguing becomes toxic and bothers other players i'll give them a temporary mute.

Your friend was being disrespectful to another player after losing a fight in PvP. What do you do?
    I warn them and tell them that they need chill out or to get offline to calm down and apologize to the player that they had been upset with. If they would not listen I would first warn them verbally then in game and finally i would mute them for a short period of time in order to force them to have some time to cool down, if all else fails I would have to kick them.

A player you really don't get along with says, "You're dumb!" after you kick him. How do you react?
    I personally don't care what anyone would call me but I would warn them to read rules, because disrespecting staff is against the rules, and if they persist ill in game warn them and then if they would not stop with the comments I would have to resort to a mute.

Anything else you believe is relevant to include?

2. TK_TimeKeeper

TK_TimeKeeper
    Expand Collapse
    Manager
    Manager

Hey Thern I think you'll make a great addition to the team judging by your previous experience and hours you can be on, your application has been ACCEPTED!

You will be a JRMod on Skyblock Unity, welcome aboard ☺