Staff Application

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by DavisKostin, Aug 12, 2017.

1. DavisKostin

DavisKostin
    Expand Collapse

Davis Kostin

Username:
    Yoshi823

Past Username(s):
    Don't have any

Timezone/Country:
    EST/ Canada

What rank are you currently on this Skyblock?
    I'm the starter rank

How long have you played on SkyMite?
    2-3 months now

Discord Username:
    Freedom_Eagle
    Which server are you applying for?
    Legacy

PART 2:

Have you been Staff on SkyMite before? If so; when, for how long, what position, and why did you leave the team?
    No I have never been a SkyMite staff member
    What is your availability for being on the server?
    My availability for this server is almost everyday, some days I will be on vacation or I will be doing some school related project/homework. I'm also in the grade 10 band in the new year so I will have 1 day a week where I have to stay after school for 2 hours, if anything changes I will tell you on Discord. Also after the summer ends I will be free from 5pm to 9pm some days because of my new schools timing but after December it will be from 4pm to 10pm because we are going to another new school that is being built. Sorry for the inconvenience. :(
    Why are you (re)applying to become a staff member?
    I am applying to become a staff member because I've played on a lot of servers and seen rules been broken and with the resent hacker issue I would like to help keep SkyMite a fun and peaceful place for everyone including myself.
    Explain what being a Moderator means to you (That is, what is the job description?)
    What a Moderator means to me is for set person to help all of the other players in need weather it be with a complaint or just in need of a general question answered. A Moderator is someone who takes the role of keep the server a fun place seriously and does not abuse their power. The Moderator makes it so the server does not end up having a evil and bad feel and turn it into a loving and enjoyable server experience.
    What makes you qualified for a position as Moderator?
    I feel I'm very qualified to be in the position of a Moderator because even though I have not been on the server since it has been open I still know what is wrong and what is right to keep someone on the server so they can enjoy it. I like to make a lot of jokes and make people laugh so if someone is sad or does not know what to do I will be there to cheer them up and aid them with their problem.
    Two players start arguing, and the situation is escalating. How do you handle it?
    If two players start to argue and its escalating I would first tell them to stop doing to argument in public chat because not everybody needs to know and politely ask them to be quiet so not everyone is interrupted, then talk to them alone or though Discord. If they dot stop I would ask them again politely to stop and then if it continues to escalate I would first mute them if it was getting out of control but if it was related to hacking and one of them wore griefing or doing something that was not in the rules I would ban them for a unknown amount of day (or permanent) and then tell a higher up staff member about it.
    Your friend was being disrespectful to another player after losing a fight in PvP. What do you do?
    If my own friend lost at PvP and was being disrespectful to others I would first personally talk to him and ask him why he was so mad and if he could stop being rude. If that does not work even though he is my friend I would have to mute him and if he continues after he's unmuted I would ban him for a couple of days. I actually have a good friend who plays on the server with me so this situation could really happen.
    A player you really don't get along with says, "You're dumb!" after you kick him. How do you react?
    I would find ways to ignore him so that I can concentrate on my Moderator job and he will stay what he wants but as the old saying goes "Sticks and Stones may break my Bones but Words will never Hurt Me".
    Anything else you believe is relevant to include?
    If I am not accepted I will always still love SkyMite and try again later in life for another shoot at Moderator. :)

Thank You. :)
    -Davis Kostin

MrKingBling likes this.
  2. DavisKostin

DavisKostin
    Expand Collapse

Just a question when will I get a response on my application

3. TK_TimeKeeper

TK_TimeKeeper
    Expand Collapse
    Manager
    Manager

Good application will be taken into consideration.

MrKingBling likes this.