Staff Application

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by QuickOps, Jul 6, 2017.

1. QuickOps

QuickOps
    Expand Collapse

Requirements of becoming a staff member:
    - At least 14 years old. (Some exceptions are made)
    - An understanding of the SkyMite server.
    - Easily reachable via Discord.
    - Understanding of how to use the punishment commands correctly.
    - Decent English and grammar.
    - Understanding of the function of the game.
    - Able to write well-written paragraphs with relevant information in your application.

You must agree with:
    - Not discussing your application in-game.
    - Not discussing staff and server related discussions with other players.
    - Not lying to other people or staff members.
    - Not requesting a promotion.
    - Not abusing your powers and false punishing.
    - Being impartial and fair with all punishments.

If your application has recently been denied for any reason, you need to wait two weeks before reapplying. Take this opportunity to improve your behavior, increase your server knowledge, edit your application, etc.

If you have been recently demoted from our Staff team, you need to wait two months before reapplying. Take this time to consider why you were demoted, how you can address that in the future, and whether or not you can offer something useful to our Staff team.

If you reach all of the above requirements to be able to apply for staff as well as agreeing with the terms, you may copy the format and paste it into your own thread to create your application.
    Do not copy any other application and paste it into the one that you make here - it will be instantly denied.

Part 1 (Short answer questions, no detail required)

Real Name
    :
    Example: Justin Vogt

Username:
    Example: QuickOps

Past Username(s):
    Example: QuickOps

Timezone/Country:
    Example: EST / Eastern Standard Time

What rank are you currently on this Skyblock?
    Example: User (Default)

How long have you played on SkyMite?
    Example: 2 weeks

Discord Username:
    QuickOps

Which server are you applying for?
    Example: Unity

Part 2 (Please take your time with this, use a lot of detail)

Have you been Staff on SkyMite before? If so; when, for how long, what position, and why did you leave the team?
    No I have never been staff on SkyMite before.
    What is your availability for being on the server?

Anytime you need me I can be there. I can dedicate around 4-6 hours everyday, minus the weekends.
    Why are you (re)applying to become a staff member?
    I really enjoy playing on the server because of how simple it is, and it's one of the most relaxing skyblock servers I've ever played on. The community is nice, and I know I can improve upon it by having authorization to punish those in need of punishment. I just want to dedicate time to this server because of how much I enjoy it, and help it become one of the top servers.
    Explain what being a Moderator means to you (That is, what is the job description?)

It means being able to control users on the server, and being able to help other staff members when they need it. Being lawful and trustworthy in a position like this also means a lot to me. A moderator should have all commands memorized like the back of his hand, and I can do so. Showing discipline and honesty is also how a moderator should conduct his business.
    What makes you qualified for a position as Moderator?
    I am very experienced with just about any plugin, and I also would never try to abuse my powers because all the time I spent on the server would go to waste if I did so. I can rule out what actions should be taken on a user and how severe a punishment should be. I am not one to abuse my powers when I gain authority. I am an honest and trustworthy person that would be honored to be staff on SkyMite.
    Two players start arguing, and the situation is escalating. How do you handle it?

I mute both players and message them to figure out what the conflict is and if that can't be resolved I would have a admin decide what to do with them or I would simply tell them to appeal on the website for a mute appeal.
    Your friend was being disrespectful to another player after losing a fight in PvP. What do you do?
    I try to talk my friend into being more respectful in chat, and if he doesn't comply I will mute him until he apologizes or he'll have to appeal like everyone else.
    A player you really don't get along with says, "You're dumb!" after you kick him. How do you react?

I try to come to a resolution with the player by telling him it was my job to kick you after your actions, or I give him a more severe punishment and move on.
    Anything else you believe is relevant to include?
    All I want to say is, thanks for taking the time to read my application.

2. Loser

Loser
    Expand Collapse

Caelyn Langley
    Jinxyeh
    Jinxyeh
    America/central
    User
    4 days
    The Anti
    Unity
    No I have never been on the staff.
    6-8 hours (Somedays unavailable)

I believe I am able to do it. I will try to help as much has I can, I think having me can make a difference I wouldn't abuse my power I would listen to what I am told. I would be honest and trustworthy.
    I am very useful and easy to contact I would never abuse my power. I would be very strict depending on the situation.
    If two players are arguing I would probably address the situation ask see what I can do to calm it down and kick them possibly mute them. I would see if someone of higher of authority could deal with it.

I would mute my friend and try to fix the situation and if I can't I would mute and kick them. Even though they are my friend it's the right thing to do. I would to say thank you for reading my application and even though I'm 12 and the required age is 14 i really do think I can.

3. HugoYip

HugoYip
    Expand Collapse
    JR Moderator
    JR Moderator

Remove the "Example".

4. HugoYip

HugoYip
    Expand Collapse
    JR Moderator
    JR Moderator

Firstly, create a thread, don't post here. Secondly, use the format http://www.skymite.net/threads/application-format.6/ Good luck!

5. TK_TimeKeeper

TK_TimeKeeper
    Expand Collapse
    Manager
    Manager

I have been to your warp in game, and at your warp there were lots of racist and inappropriate remarks, tell me since you're so familiar with how severe a punishment should be, how severe should yours be?

#5 TK_TimeKeeper, Aug 19, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2017
    MrKingBling likes this.
  6. Loser

Loser
    Expand Collapse

Is this a question or a statement.

7. powerover9001

powerover9001
    Expand Collapse

Both

MrKingBling likes this.
  8. Loser

Loser
    Expand Collapse

When was I doing this

9. TK_TimeKeeper

TK_TimeKeeper
    Expand Collapse
    Manager
    Manager

Doing what?

10. MrKingBling

MrKingBling
    Expand Collapse

I believe when he was doing the racist and inappropriate remarks and signs. But it is only my opinion. I could be completed wrong. :) oh and I have been yo his warp as well. The staff ain't lying.

11. powerover9001

powerover9001
    Expand Collapse

Welp he has been banned long ago so dont worry, I believe even before Tktimer was jrmod

12. MrKingBling

MrKingBling
    Expand Collapse

oh wow ok! That wasnt what I was going for but it sounds like you guys did the right thing and ban him! Like always! ;)

13. TK_TimeKeeper

TK_TimeKeeper
    Expand Collapse
    Manager
    Manager

Oh those were that days