Staff Application 20170703 - kentreborn

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by kentreborn, Jul 3, 2017.

1. kentreborn

kentreborn
    Expand Collapse

Kent Zheng

Username:
    kentreborn

Past Username(s):
    N/A

Timezone/Country:
    Eastern Time Zone

What rank are you currently on this Skyblock?
    User

How long have you played on SkyMite?
    6 months

Discord Username:
    kentreborn

Have you been Staff on SkyMite before? If so; when, for how long, what position, and why did you leave the team?
    Never been staff.

What is your availability for being on the server?
    Due to being a U.S. Marine Poolee, I would be busy training from Monday - Thursday; however, I would be on full day during the weekends, part of friday, and two to three hours every evening.

Which server are you applying for?
    Unity

Why are you (re)applying to become a staff member?
    I am very inquisitive and always seeking new knowledge; and, since that one of my goals in the future is to be a member of the Peace Corps, I see this as an opportunity to educate myself more about leadership and conflict resolution. I also seek to be part of something bigger, wether it be a branch of the Military or member of a staff team in a server in Minecraft. I enjoy working with professional, mature, and driven individuals, and I believe I can find that in the staff team.

Explain what being a Moderator means to you (That is, what is the job description?)
    A moderator is someone who answers any question that may arise; a moderator leads by example, he/she will always be professional, neutral, and compassionate. A moderator is someone who actively makes the server/community a better place.

What makes you qualified for a position as Moderator?
    I have volunteered for many tough leadership positions, even held professional jobs: I volunteered in organizations that specify in tutoring Chinese Immigrants, assisting a therapist in his day to day duties, feeding the poor/homeless/needy, and monitoring zoos to ensure the safety of the animals and visitors; I worked in an organization that supervised and facilitated classroom lessons for afterschool students; and, I am currently working as a US Marine Poolee, tutoring new applicants the ASVAB (Military IQ Test) to assist them in their enlistment process. Lastly, I have taken and passed courses in customer service and have been certified by the NRF Foundation. These achievements and experiences show that I not only give time and effort to organizations/ideals that I care about, but they also show how much experience I already have holding positions as stressful, if not more stressful, as a Moderator's.

Certificates/proof will be shown upon request.

Two players start arguing, and the situation is escalating. How do you handle it?
    I would, first, access the situation: What are they arguing about? Why are they arguing? How do I resolve this? Then, I would, depending on the situation, give each party/individual advice on how to resolve their disagreement peacefully, and, finally, let them be; however, if they continue to argue despite my intervention, I would warn and mute them for half an hour.

Your friend was being disrespectful to another player after losing a fight in PvP. What do you do?
    I would advice my friend to let it be, that he lost and its fine, we all loose all the time. The important thing is to learn from the loss and become better, not take our loss out on the other person.

A player you really don't get along with says, "You're dumb!" after you kick him. How do you react?
    If the player insults me in the server/discord, I would warn and mute him. If the player insults me out of the server/discord, I would ignore him/her.

Anything else you believe is relevant to include?
    I know that my time on the server is limited, but please take into consideration that I will always make being active a priority.

#1 kentreborn, Jul 3, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2017