Staff Application #2 (repost)

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by hawt hawk, Sep 6, 2017.

1. hawt hawk

hawt hawk
    Expand Collapse

I will like to keep this private. If needed for reasons whatsoever I will say it.
    Username:
    HawtHawk

Past Username(s):
    HawkGamer101

HawtHawk
    HawkGamer101
    HawkWannabe
    CallMeHawk
    Austrolopithecus
    DEHB
    p_v_p_hakr
    ETC. (Note: I have several past usernames, I will name all of them if needed, I will tell you.)

Timezone/Country:
    EST/Eastern Standard Time.

What rank are you currently on this Skyblock?
    I currently do not have a rank on skyblock Unity, nor Legacy.
    How long have you played on SkyMite?
    Since skyblock Unity has been released or, 3-4 months ago.

Discord Username:
    I will like to keep this private.
    Which server are you applying for?
    Skyblock Unity.

Part 2 (Please take your time with this, use a lot of detail)

Have you been Staff on SkyMite before? If so; when, for how long, what position, and why did you leave the team?
    No, I have not been staff on skymite before.
    What is your availability for being on the server?
    My availability will range from 4:00 PM EST - 8 PM EST, however till September I will be available from 12:00 AM (EST) to 10 PM EST. It will change
    if I have plans, dealing with IRL stuff or free time.
    Why are you (re)applying to become a staff member?
    I am re-applying to become a staff member because I believe that this server usually doesn't have many staff on their servers, and I can help people new to this server that has questions or people that need help doing things. For example: The majority of the players that play on Skyblock unity usually have alot of questions, and most responses from players are usually disrespectful, false, or racial/ discriminate. Another example: On Skyblock Unity the only staff on is usually Trape & Misu. 90% of the players on skymite play on Skyblock Unity. 90% of the players are basically 90 players. Trape, a junior mod without permission
    to do many things can't handle 35 players constantly asking him questions or asking him to do stuff regular players can. I believe that if I get accepted, it won't make much of a difference, however it will at least help. This server can sometimes be very chaotic and sometimes can be in a quandary. And having more staff members can be a major help.

Explain what being a Moderator means to you (That is, what is the job description?)
    A moderator means to me someone I can trust, accept, and respect and help me in times of help. A moderator that is calm, and doesn't abuse their position and permissions. It means they will be nice and ask respectfully to stop using caps or spam. A moderator is someone that treats their friends and newcomers the same way & someone who makes the server a better place. That means to instantly react when something bad happens, to prevent bad things to escalate to even worse things, and to prevent things before it happens. Someone who is able to answer many questions, without being aggravated or annoyed. They will be willing to do pretty much anything possible to help a player.

What makes you qualified for a position as Moderator?
    What makes me qualified to be a staff member is that I have many past experiences with being a staff, and I have alot of time that I've dedicated to this server, because I believe it is a bliss of minecraft. It is a server that I can help out on for many things, and I can handle alot of things. I can stay calm, and stay collected, if I choose to (which I will). I can be a really kind player that is helpful, which is what a staff member is in my eyes. I have the qualities fit to have a higher position without abusing my rank, or be too kind to not mute/warn. I am unbiased to players I know, like, and do not like.
    Two players start arguing, and the situation is escalating. How do you handle it?
    I will ask them to first calm down, I will ask them what the situation is and deal with it accordingly. I will be unbiased in the situation like I said earlier, I will have the same point of view whilst dealing with the situation even if I like, know, or do not like that player. I will make sure the situation will get handled without it escalating even further after I am done dealing with it. Getting into the little details- depending on what the situation is I will not hold back in warning/muting, if a player gets aggravated and starts to disrespect me. I will also be kind enough to not mute from the tiniest of insults, like saying "what is that on your skin hahah it looks like a rock" or insults from players just joking around.

Your friend was being disrespectful to another player after losing a fight in PvP. What do you do?
    I will ask him/her to stop being disrespectful to that player, and I will be unbiased- which is a crucial part of what a staff should be. If he/she continues to be disrespectful I will warn/mute them. If they bring up something that will try to bring me biased toward them, I will simply ask them to stop, as the situation has been handled. If they continue with the behavior I will warn them.

A player you really don't get along with says, "You're dumb!" after you kick him. How do you react?
    I will not react as greatly, since all players have their reactions. If they continue to insult me or be more disrespectful I will simply mute them.

Anything else you believe is relevant to include?
    Yes, I really enjoy this server and even if I do not get staff I will still continue to play it, and have the same feelings to the player that either accepted or rejected my application.

2. MrKingBling

MrKingBling
    Expand Collapse

I think it is funny how you say that you have an unbiased punishments yet you will mute the player who insults you but when its your friend you will only warn him. Seems a little hypocritical?

3. HugoYip

HugoYip
    Expand Collapse
    JR Moderator
    JR Moderator

Nice application anyway, good luck!

4. hawt hawk

hawt hawk
    Expand Collapse

I meant to say I will mute for insults regardless, friend or not.

5. MrKingBling

MrKingBling
    Expand Collapse

ok understandable

6. TK_TimeKeeper

TK_TimeKeeper
    Expand Collapse
    Manager
    Manager

Good application a little outdated but we will keep you in mind when a new unity staff position becomes available.

7. hawt hawk

hawt hawk
    Expand Collapse

yay thanks!