Denied FettyBlaze Staff Application

Discussion in 'Denied Applications' started by BlazingScout7, Aug 18, 2017.

1. BlazingScout7

BlazingScout7
    Expand Collapse

Ruby

Username:
    FettyBlaze

Past Username(s):
    Cookie_DoughCake, PvPsPanda

Timezone/Country:
    EST

What rank are you currently on this Skyblock?
    User

How long have you played on SkyMite?
    I joined the forums in the beginning of April but haven't really been on during that time until my activity increased recently.

Discord Username:
    FettyBlaze#6524

Part 2 (Please take your time with this, use a lot of detail)

Have you been Staff on SkyMite before? If so; when, for how long, what position, and why did you leave the team?
    N/A

What is your availability for being on the server?
    I am available after school, which is around 2:30pm EST until around 6, but it depends on after school activities and schoolwork. On the weekends I can usually play for about 3 hours, and up to 4 hours in the summer.

Why are you (re)applying to become a staff member?
    I'm mainly applying to become a staff member to help out my friends and help out another community because I miss my previous staff experiences, and was motivated to get those staff positions back in many different ways. I've been a staff member on many small servers and was a trainee on Mineplex. After being demoted my hopes went down on being a staff member on any server. Now that I've met so many people through a community my friend hosts called Willpower, I was motivated to try out for staff on different servers and maybe Mineplex again. My parents have also motivated me about getting into jobs and succeeding in life, but not technically getting staff on Skymite. When I go to work with them, they teach me the times to have a good time and the times to act serious. They make me aware of the responsibilities and the upcoming problems in the job, and how to generally solve them. The Willpower community also motivated me by believing in me, saying that I'll definitely get staff again if I try, since I was a former trainee (promoted August 5 demoted October 5 for a lack of staff reports and forum activity.) I was also motivated by life lessons, which have told me in many different ways to not give up. I also wanted to get the job experience needed as an adult: You apply, you get interviewed, and you are accepted and meet new people. I believe going through this could make you less afraid of applying for a good paying job as a college student or an adult. As Skymite grew, I definitely knew I wanted to apply and get the staff experience again, and possibly bring new things to the community.

Explain what being a Moderator means to you (That is, what is the job description?)
    A Moderator is an affable person that has the ability to comfortably control and moderate a community, controlling the people and mainly being there to help out. Moderators are people others look up to for any concerns.

What makes you qualified for a position as Moderator?
    I am capable of becoming a successful staff member through my previous staff experiences and having the maturity and other unique abilities that others might not have that can also make me qualified. I can manage my time wisely, since I was able to still able to get a good number of staff reports when I was a trainee on Mineplex in August while having to be away for 13 hours everyday for two weeks, along with being gone all day every Saturday until Thanksgiving. I showed I am aware of my abilities as a former trainee, and I know what moderating a huge community is like, so a smaller community would be simpler. I'm aware of what I have to get done and I am determined to help others and make the community a better place. I know how to manage time between school, sports, and video games. I make sure I get everything done, such as getting good grades, practicing for sports, and keeping up with my staff work, all equally and balanced. My moderating experiences in other games, servers, and communities shows that I'm aware of my responsibilities and how it's like overall to be on a staff team. I'm still active, I'm aware of the rules, and I've still been determined to help others, because it makes myself and the other person feel good. I am also determined to make Skymite a better, safer community and to make new friends like I did as a former Mineplex trainee. I received lots of compliments as a staff member, and I want to receive more as I become a staff member. My personality would make me a great staff member because I can have good communication skills and like meeting new people online. I can use this ability to easily talk to other people who need me, and that can make them more friendly and would make them enjoy the Skymite network more. I can easily help others since I can usually get along with anybody I talk to, and none of my friends online and in real life have said anything negative about me. I'm qualified to become a Moderator through these abilities.

Two players start arguing, and the situation is escalating. How do you handle it?

I would firstly settle the players down and ask about the situation. If arguing continues, they will receive a 15 minute mute. After knowing about the situation, I'd try solving it and punishing depending on what's going on.

Your friend was being disrespectful to another player after losing a fight in PvP. What do you do?
    Although they are my friend, I'd kick them for not being nice to everyone. I would calm them down and have them get familiar with the rules.

A player you really don't get along with says, "You're dumb!" after you kick him. How do you react?
    I kicked the player for an obvious punishment. Since they continued being disrespectful, I would mute them for 5 minutes.

Anything else you believe is relevant to include?
    Although I know the owners well, I'd still like to tell you guys about myself as a person, because it feels better to have me introduced as a staff member. I'm going into 10th grade and, as repeated several times, I was a former staff member on Mineplex and on smaller servers with friends that all got disbanded due to lack of success. I recently got more into Skyblock after realizing what there is to do. At first I just thought it was survival with a tiny sky land. I play baseball, soccer, and like to play other games such as CS:GO and competitive Champions on Mineplex. I also play the cello and trombone. I'm in my school's marching band, which will start to decrease my activity towards the fall.

2. powerover9001

powerover9001
    Expand Collapse

Copied from Kugzer's accepted Application.... +1

3. KING JAMES

KING JAMES
    Expand Collapse

don't u mean -1

4. powerover9001

powerover9001
    Expand Collapse

:3 Nah +1 for the effort of copy and pasting